Symposium: Nancy Holt, Between Heaven and Earth
A symposium is organized in conjunction with an exhibition of Nancy Holt’s art at the Western Gallery and the publication of a new book on the artist. Keynote by Lisa Le Feuvre, the Director of the Holt/Smithson Foundation
Registration deadline is April 22.
- Labor, collaboration, and social production
- Death, biography, empathy
- Feminism, mysticism, ecology, and public art
- Keynote: Lisa Le Feuvre is the Director of the Holt/Smithson Foundation
- Suzaan Boettger is a scholar and the author of Inside the Spiral: The Passions of Robert Smithson forthcoming in early in 2023. She is Professor Emerita of the History of Art at Bergen Community College in Paramus, NJ.
- James Nisbet is Professor and Chair of Art History at the School of Humanities, University of California Irvine
- Kristina Lee Podesva is an Artist, Writer, Editor and Publisher of B R U N A press
- Rena Priest is the Washington State Poet Laureate and member of the Lhaq’temish (Lummi) Nation
- Kirsten Swenson is Associate Professor of Art History at the University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Julian Myers-Szupinska is an art historian and editor based in Los Angeles, and a member of the collaboration grupa o.k.
- Rebecca Uchill is art historian, curator, and Lecturer / Director of Community Engagement Initiatives in the College of Visual and Performing Arts, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth