Cryptozoology: Shrines of Legends and Lore with Michael deMeng
- March 31st to April 2nd, 2023
- 1-4pm, 10am-4pm
- 220 Manor Park Avenue Penticton
It’s surprising how many different types of mysterious beasts that people believe roam the planet…there are several dozens, if not more. The technical term for such a critter is a “cryptid” which is described as a creature said to exist but is…yet…unproven.
In this workshop, in honour of our secretive friends, students will create a shrine to commemorate a cryptid of their choosing. This could be from local lore or from legends across the globe. Using found objects, clay and paint, attendees will become artistic cryptozoologists and create honorariums for our shy and beastly neighbours.
Fee: $250 + GST ($262.50) & $45 + GST ($47.25) optional supply kit
If you do not purchase the supply kit, you are required to bring your own clay, paint, glue, etc. View supply list at: https://www.pentictonartscouncil.com/michael-demeng...
Friday, March 31st, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Saturday, April 1st, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday, April 2nd, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
* This is a 3 day workshop.
Location: PDCAC Community Room at the Leir House Cultural Centre (220 Manor Park Avenue).
*Max 12 participants.
- Register in-person at the Penticton Arts Council office at 220 Manor Park Avenue.
- Call the office 250-492-7997 Monday to Saturday, 10:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- E-transfer to email@example.com (Please call the office before sending to ensure workshop space is available). Include which workshop you are registering for in the notes